¿What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics treatment make slow and soft movements of the teeth to correct their position in the mouth. Depending on the designed treatment by the orthodontics specialist, the teeth can move individually or as a unit.
There are various types of orthodontics, but all of them have the same objectives:
- To reach a good occlusion
- Correct alignment.
Why would you need orthodontic treatment?
- Aesthetics: Oral devices improve the appearance of smile and bring security and self-confidence. They also correct dental crowding leading to a healthy and beauty smile.
- Health: Oral hygiene is much easier with aligned teeth. You will brush better your teeth and have less gums problems, no caries or no early loss of teeth.
- Quality of life: After orthodontics treatment, you will note that chewing is easier and more comfortable. You will also note less headaches related to the tension of the masticatory muscles.
- Security: All types of orthodontics respect teeth structures. They are made of high-range biocompatible materials which adapt completely to the specific needs of every patient.
Types of orthodontic
It consists on a ortodoncia estética es idéntica que la tradicional pero con aros y brackets de materiales diferentes que, a diferencia de los de metal, son muy poco visibles y resultan altamente discretos, por lo que no generan el problema visual propio de los convencionales.
As its name implies, invisible orthodontics is one that is imperceptible to other people. It is more aesthetic than the traditional one and therefore suitable for people who want to maintain an appearance of normality during treatment, which usually lasts for a year and a half to two years.
On stringent terms, we should speak exclusively of lingual orthodontics, in which brackets and archs are placed on the back site of the teeth. Nowadays, Invisalign technique (transparent orthodontics) is included in this orthodontics group.